College Majors: A List of College Majors Just Won’t Do
Choosing a college major is kind of like choosing your fate. The college major you choose will not only determine your salary, but might even affect whether you will be happy or healthy, where you’ll live and how many hours you’ll spend at work each day, and maybe even whether you’ll get enough sleep at night.
So how do you make sure to choose the right college major?
Follow these tips to choose a college major and find the right career for you.
- Take a college major quiz. Instead of spending hours pontificating, take a few minutes to complete an online college major quiz to help you choose a major.
- Understand who you are. Understand your strengths and weaknesses and figure out what drives you to get up in the morning. If you don’t know the answers to these questions, consider taking a college major related personality quiz.
- Do something you love and you’ll never work a day in your life. Many college majors are designed to train students for careers in high-demand or to earn a high salary, but you will spend at least 40 hours each week at the job you choose. Make sure those hours will be spent doing something you want to do.
- Understand college major possibilities. Once you figure out the general area of study you’d like to pursue, view our list of college majors to understand all of your career possibilities.
- Choose a major before you choose a college. Before you choose a college, it’s important to at least consider your college major. To find a college with your preferred major, take our college match quiz.